Monday, August 16, 2010

A Tale of Two Weddings


It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

It was the best of times for my parents because not just one, but TWO of their lovely daughters were finally going to be off their hands for good because they were getting married and would only have to spoil one daughter now.

It was the worst of times for my parents because they not only had one wedding (which had been planned for years and years), but TWO weddings to pay for and plan and travel to within two weeks of each other.

They sure must love their daughters :)
To make one of my dad's dreams come true and have a casual and inexpensive reception (he always supported the have the reception in the park or just elope ideas), we and the Woods had a combined reception/open house in Wausau for our people here. It was the perfect combination: a beautiful summer evening, my parent's backyard, friends from the ward (and even OH friends and family from NY), great food, and lots of fun!













5 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm kind of sad it's all over :( I'll have to find some other excitement to look forward to.

Tracy said...

Just focus on Janet. I'm sure she can provide some kind of excitement. :)

Janet said...

Thanks Tracy. I wholeheartedly agree! Even though I'm just going to take dad's offer and elope when I get married.

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Love the photos! I remember Rene tossing Rachel in the air like that too!

PK said...

It's nice to see the pictures but Dad says there is too much green!