Tuesday, February 1, 2011

St. Paul's Winter Carnival

In protest to a New Yorker's comment that Minnesota is another Siberia, the city of St. Paul started holding a winter carnival for 10 days between January and February.  And, it's lasted for the past 125 years!  Ben and I checked out the snow sculpting competition Friday for my birthday and it was super cool (no pun intended).



You can see how intricate these snow carvings are.  The competitors are given an 8'x8'x8' block and they just carve away at it.


This castle was a little maze for children.  Unfortunately, we were a little too tall for it and we could see our way out.  It was fun, though!


And, this is only one of the fun activities.  They have royalty, ice carving, a medallion treasure hunt.  The fun is endless! See, winter can be fun!

1 comment:

Janet said...

I wish I could go to that, those are so cool!