Thursday, January 23, 2014

New Year Resolutions

I know I'm almost a month late on sharing my resolutions, but I really wanted to make sure they were ones that I would/really needed to do.

1. Really magnify my calling. I have struggled with teaching the 12 and 13 year old Sunday School class because they act like 12 and 13 year olds. Most Sundays they would not stay focused on whatever topic the lesson was about, and would spend most of the time discussing things like which language is the hardest to learn or the movie that just came out. And, there were some that had high opinions of themselves. So, I've been trying to put more effort into the lessons and trying to get to know the kids better.

2. Learn to use our new camera. We got a nice new camera that takes good pictures, so I'm happy to learn to use it well. I'm not planning on making any money or anything, but I would like to have good pictures of the kiddos (and Ben and I, too, I guess). I've have tried to practice taking pictures almost every day. Russell makes it easy because he points to the camera insisting I take pictures. Of him. I do plan to take new baby's newborn pictures, so we'll see how that goes.

What a cute boy :)
3. Finish unfinished projects and go through my fabric stash. I have tons of projects and fabric that are breaking out of their boxes and taking over my desk. I just need to finish the projects and use up the fabric so that they are out of here. Plus, I don't want to have to move it all next time we move.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

That's a good picture of a big cutie! Now you need photoshop to edit your pictures.

Karen H Duvall said...

Those are cute pics of Russell! Congrats on the newbie-to-be! :)