Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Things I have learned

I've learned a few interesting (to me) things over the past couple of days that I would like to share.

1. The altitude here in Rochester, MN is higher than in Phoenix, AZ. I was hoping that altitude may have been why I couldn't get a recipe from Ben's Mom to turn out, but that wasn't the reason.

2. Cities complicate all sorts of things. Take gardening, for example. We got a garden plot in the community garden this year. But, we have to follow all these rules and regulations, plus they want us to go to a gardening class since this is our first year. What ever happened to digging up the dirt, planting seeds, tending to the plants, and then harvesting the bounties?

3. When you get a wart frozen off, the liquid nitrogen isn't used to kill the wart. It is used to kill the healthy cells around the wart to rush white blood cells to the area and then have those same white blood cells attack the wart virus itself. I just hope my wart is gone for good now.

4. Old McDonald apparently only has tractors, garages, trucks, and trains on his farm. At least, that is what Russell thinks. We can never get any animals on that dang farm when we sing the song anymore since he always picks what is on the farm now.
I want YOU to go to BYU.

1 comment:

Emily said...

You're talking about the "city" of Eyota, right? That's cute. I would take the class. Then you could learn even more!