Sunday, May 11, 2014

Oh somebody had a birthday

It's hard to believe that this little screaming chubb is two already.
I had high hopes that this birthday would be a fun day for us to enjoy together. Last year we were watching another family of kiddos on his birthday, so his celebration was a quick little thing as we tried wrangling 5 additional kids. Alas, this years celebration ended up happening 2.5 hours later than it should have been thanks to crazy apartment stuff.

Amid all Russell's late night crankiness, he did enjoy the balloons we hung, the 'happy birthday' banner I made at Super Saturday last fall, looking at his little pile of presents all day, and his farm cake. He was especially eager to blow out the candles and did it a few times before we finished singing.

Can't take his eyes off that cake!

Tractors

We also had some cake and ice cream with his friends over in the old people building on Saturday. I made some cute little cupcakes with dum dum balloons. He couldn't keep his hands off those all afternoon.

He has transformed from a screaming little baby to an affectionate ball of energy. He loves to give hugs and kisses and will randomly insist on giving baby sister (aka my stomach) big hugs and kisses in between running around with all his various vehicles. While it seems he is always on the go, he will still snuggle up to us when he needs a little rest. He has finally learned that nursery is great, but still cries right when Ben drops him off. And, he is way too smart for his little age. He will read his books and randomly walks around reciting them and singing songs. The doctor confirmed that he is still our little chubber (90th percentile).

Though I was sad to not have a baby girl first, I wouldn't trade my boy for any little girl in the whole world. I love him and he will always be my baby!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Cool cake. are you guys always planning on calling him Little Chub? I wonder if he won't appreciate that one day. Maybe he will; it seems Ben doesn't mind.

Joanna said...

We call him his name when we are talking to him. It's when we are talking about him and he isn't around that we call him Little Chubb.

Emily said...

Andrew wants to come play with Russell's dumpy truck.