Thursday, October 30, 2014

Eyeball Spaghetti

Wednesday's dinner was eyeball spaghetti (or halloween spaghetti). It was popular with Russell until it was time to actually eat. Ben liked it, especially with the green olives. I ate mine without eyes in it.

I had to buy black food coloring to color the spaghetti and mine didn't turn out nearly as dark as the picture. I did doctor up the spaghetti sauce like she suggests, and it was really good.

We didn't get around to carving a pumpkin last night. Ben came home from school about 4:45 and had to leave for Patrol leader Council at 5:30, so it was a pretty quick meal. I didn't have much stamina to handle Meghan and Russell while trying to carve a pumpkin. Maybe we'll do two tonight.

3 comments:

Emily said...

You're so festive. So, I clicked on the link and her page specifically says not to copy or paste her photo. I only tell you because I'm concerned about your safety and I don't want the copyright police to come drag you away.

Joanna said...

Ya, I saw that. If she wants to come to Eyota and take me away, she can. I could use the break from the kids.

Sarah said...

I thought it was pretty adventurous of you to try and carve a pumpkin every night. We tried to get ours done as fast as possible. Now you have a pumpkin for dinner in a pumpkin.