Today being Saturday, we spent 7 hours at graduation parties so you can have another review of them. We went to 4 and Ben and I came home stuffed. I barely want to move. Here is the run down.
Party 1: The Twins From Church
Their sister graduated two years ago, so we had an idea of what to expect. It was held at the same park with a pretty awesome playground, so the kids are pretty excited about it. Bad news was that it rained a pretty heavy rain earlier in the morning, so things were still a little wet. They had cook out foods: hot dogs, hamburgers, brats, potato salad, chips, watermelon, cupcakes. It was pretty delicious. I had a hamburger, and was kind of wishing I had gotten a brat, but we'll be having those on Monday. I had fun at it since I knew people, unlike all of the other parties we went to today.
Party 2: Hollywood
Seriously, the girls name is Hollywood. For the longest time I thought she was Holly Wood like the cat, but then when we got her invite I learned it was Hollywood. Hers was held at the good old American Legion in the backyard of our old apartments :) It was like coming home. She had a huge array of foods: sloppy joes; all types of pasta, noodle, spaghetti salads; crackers and cheese; fruit and veggy trays; other hors devours; cookies and bars, an ice cream machine. There was tons of food, and tons of people there, too! I couldn't believe it. After hers we stopped by the apartments to relive our glory days of being the managers of that place.
Party 3: The Dance Line/Choir/Theater Girl
While Ben was talking to her when we got there there was a photographer from the newspaper taking pictures of us talking to her, so maybe you can check out the Post Bulletin online and check us out. Hopefully, I look okay. She had walking tacos! And, nachos. She also had popcorn, cookies, cupcakes, and a candy bar. It was so good! We had to force Russell and Meghan to eat real food before they got any sugary stuff. It got pretty rainy while we were there, and were able to sneak out to the van right before a huge deluge of rain came down. It was fun, and I knew some of the teachers there.
Party 4: Robotics Kid #1
Our last stop was at on of Ben's robotics kid's homes. He did robotics all four years with Ben. They had food ordered in from a BBQ restaurant in town. Brisket, ribs, coleslaw, mashed potatoes, beans, bread, green beans, and coconut cake. It was pretty good, but I had to have Ben eat my green beans (too peppery). And, I didn't even have any of the cake, because I just couldn't fit anymore in. I was also very impressed because his mom passed away during the school year, so it was just his dad (and probably some aunts and uncles) who put the party together, and they did a pretty good job.
Thus ends round 2. Be prepared for round three next weekend. Now, I think I am going to fall alsepp in a food coma......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, these people really go all out. I don't even remember what food I had at my graduation party. I do rememeber the cake though. Becky Burke made it and it was awesome.
I had tacos and ice cream at my graduation party. But I don't think I invited any teachers; I didn't know that was normal.
Is inviting teachers normal? I sure didn't. All I remember from mine is the cake, from Sam's Club. These sound pretty awesome, though, especially catered bbq.
Ya, people do go all out. The only thing I remember having at my graduation party are those cheese puff balls.
I am always most excited for people's cakes, because store bought cake is my favorite and we never buy it.
I didn't think inviting teachers was normal, but these kids do. I think it helps that they district is pretty small so most teachers already know the kids before teaching them in school. I'm guessing that next year we won't have nearly as many to go to.
Post a Comment