Monday, February 20, 2017

We had the lucky (for us!) opportunity to have Ben's parents come visit us this weekend. I'm sure his parents weren't super excited about coming to Minnesota in February with pretty short notice, but it ended up being a pretty lovely weekend--50s and 60s with lots of sun. We were really happy to get out and enjoy the sun.

Russell and Meghan were both a little reserved at first. Seeing someone in person is quite different than seeing them on the computer screen via skype. They warmed up after a bit. Russell was ready to play by the time we got home from the airport. Meghan took a little bit longer, however, she was happy to give hugs and kisses before going to bed the first night they were here. They both got spoiled with lots of book reading and lego building.

As we were driving home after dropping them off today, Ben and I were talking about how it was nice to have a last minute visit from his parents to break up this time of year where it seems we are playing the waiting game--waiting for warmer weather, waiting to be able to go back outside, waiting for a break in school.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad baby Margaret made it in the picture.

PK said...

We loved the opportunity to come and be with you guys. We were well fed!!! And well taken care of and were really glad that the weather was nice. I"m glad that the kids did warm up to us and it was a proud parent moment to see Ben up on the stand on Sunday and to know that the Lord felt he was worthy to be there. Love you guys and miss you already. Thanks for a wonderful weekend.

Emily said...

Does Ben have a new calling?

Janet said...

I feel qualified to say I understand the frustration of the waiting game. I wish one of you could visit me to break it up!

Joanna said...

Yes, Emily. Ben was called as 2nd counselor in the bishopric.

Emily said...

Cool. That will probably actually be less demanding than YM.