My Peeps,
One of my favorite activities in Minnesota comes at the end of summer:
THE MINNESOTA STATE FAIR!!!
For Information:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvIg55oZWH0
Joanna and I went TWICE this year and it made me (and my stomach) VERY HAPPY!!
Here are some pictures with captions:
 |
| This was our first feast of the day! Apple dumplings with ice cream! |
 |
| I was happy to see these robots, rockets, and legos! |
 |
| These are award winning cookies. Joanna kept saying: "I could make that!" |
 |
| These are award winning decorative cakes! I kept saying: "I could eat that!" |
 |
| Award winning Sweetcakes! :) Oh ya, and there are some baked goods in the picture too. |
 |
| Smoked turkey leg!! DELICIOUS!! With the Midway behind me. |
 |
| Fried/breaded mushrooms and soft pretzel! Yum! |
 |
| The crowds at the fair! |
 |
| CHEESE CURDS!! |
 |
| Joanna next to a prize-winning cow - and her groupies. . . . and someone creepy. . . |
 |
| Nice round steaks! |
 |
| This was the largest boar. His name is Husky Lee. He is 4 years old and weighs 1160 pounds (just slightly more than me). |
 |
| Look at this cute Bunny! Oh ya, and there is a 1st Place junior doe Dutch Steel rabbit back there too. |
 |
| The big wavy slide! We didn't go on it because I was still eating a turkey leg. |
 |
| All you can drink ice-cold milk! Yum! We were also eating a bucket of Sweet Martha's cookies too! |
 |
We found this trading card for the butter princess! Don't the faces look the same-ish?
Maybe everything is better in butter? |
 |
| These pumpkins were big, bold, and beautiful!! |
 |
Only the best of Crop Arts exist at the State Fair. All of these Lillian Colton originals are of famous people . . .
except for that guy in the hat and glasses making a funny face on the bottom. . . |
 |
Yep, someone paid tribute to Girlie by making this crop art.
That cat sure got around! |
 |
| Beautiful flower presentations. This is supposed to represent fireworks! |
 |
| You can't get any more proud than to be an American who is eating a Pronto Pup!! |
 |
| Our last meal of the evening: the caramel apple! Yum! |
 |
| Here we have Joanna, Preston, Emily, Lauren, Rene, and Margaret all enjoying the tractors! |
 |
| Lauren got to be a farmer for a day! Here she is driving her tractor. (She did NOT want to get off!) |
 |
Isn't it sad that no other picture in the world will ever be as awesome as this one?
(Just look how happy they all are!!) |
 |
| This is sweet-corn Joanna with a sweet-corn-hat trying to blend in to the sweet-corn field. |
 |
| Rene begins the morning by proudly displaying his corn hat, and feasting on this foot-long corn-dog! Yum! |
 |
| Yep, it exists! |
 |
This is Lauren trying to be brave enough to touch the horse.
When we were in the horse barn she got a little scared because a horse NAYED super loud right next to us! |
 |
Rene is now trying to help Lauren pet the horse, but she was too busy clinging onto her daddy.
Joanna just enjoys being in the pictures I take. |
 |
| A nice stroll through the cow-barn. . . |
 |
| Moo! Do you see the secret this big cow is hiding? |
 |
| Nice rooster. |
 |
Look at that Sweet Honey!! Oh ya, and there is some bee products in the background too.
. . . and Rene and Preston. |
 |
Yes, Mensa had a booth at the Fair! Joanna walked right up and solved a complex puzzle in 2 seconds.
Literally. |
 |
Princess Kay of the Milky Way rode by in this parade right after I got done talking to some kids about their robot.
|
 |
| BOW TO YOUR KING!! |
 |
| Spam Queen Joanna commands you to feed her pigs! Now! |
 |
| This is Rene with his two-favorite FIsh-Head-in-Laws. |
 |
Various captions:
We left the State Fair with full stomachs and our tails held high!
What a catch!
They've got fish on the brains!
Somp'in fishy's goin' on!
Rene's schooling Preston.
FIN.
|
I hope you enjoyed the MN State Fair this year! I sure did! I can't wait until next year!
-BEN
4 comments:
You should blog more often.
Do the pigs eat spam?
I love how much food you guys ate all in one day...at least I'm assuming it was all in one day since you two are wearing the same clothes in all the first pictures...
Why is every picture of me from behind?!?!
Post a Comment