This month's book for one of the book clubs in our ward is Heaven Is Here by Stephanie Nielson.
Have a box of tissues nearby. Or don't read it if you are emotional. Or have recently had a baby. Poor Ben and Russell had to put up with me crying and tearing up as I read. I tried reading some of it out loud to entertain Russell, but that just made it worse.
What's it about? A husband and wife crash in an airplane, almost die, then have to rebuild their lives while trying to recover from the horrible physical and mental/emotional injuries.
The author did a really good job at making you feel like you were going through it all with her. From her body healing and going through skin grafts, physical therapy, relearning how to do the simplest tasks to reconnecting with her young children (this might be where I teared up the most as Russell was sitting on my lap just having awakened from a nap), recognizing she was the same person even though she looked different in the mirror, completely relying on her faith in Heavenly Father.
It was an easy read, but have those tissues ready. Seriously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I haven't read the book, but she has a famous mommy blog. I believe it's nieniedialogues.com. Honestly I'm not too impressed with the blog. Maybe the book is better.
I've heard of her.
I wasn't too impressed with the blog either.
Post a Comment