Friday, October 12, 2012

Party in my tummy

Have you seen this video yet? Someone in this house LOVES it and always turns to watch it whenever it comes on the tv.

Awhile back I made some yummy no bake cookies.  No bakes have a long history in my family.  Joseph called them scooby snacks. Sarah made her own versions, including chocolate granola and then chocolate granola soup. Food Network has the perfect recipe.

Ingredients
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
Waxed paper

Directions
In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, until cooled and hardened. 

 I think I ate more than half of these in about two days. Poor Ben even sacrificed one of his so I could enjoy it :) He liked them, but said that he never had them made with peanut butter growing up. So we found this recipe(in his own handwriting!) that has peanut butter in it.

 I saw the recipe in the cookbook that dinner is coming from tonight, and so I thought I would make some cookies to fill the empty cookie jar. I halved the recipe and didn't use quite as much cocoa, and this is what happened--chocolate granola.

 
Nice and powdery and dry. It still tastes good, we'll just have to eat it with a spoon or something.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Ha, ha!

Sarah said...

:)
You should try it with some milk. It's...interesting.

Joanna said...

Ben tried "fixing" it. He insists they are good. Eh.

Sarah said...

Wait, you usually save half for Ben? Sorry Brian.

Sarah said...

It's okay Jo. I made some about a month ago and when I went to put the oatmeal in at the very end I realized I only had about a cup of oatmeal. Our fix was flour. Jacob still liked them...

Sarah said...

That was Janet