Friday, January 4, 2013

Bargain Buys

This week while we were grocery shopping, we hit up some awesome sales out of pure coincidence. We went early in the morning, so we had pretty close to first choice.

Bread was marked down, so we got 8 loaves for $2.00. And, it wasn't the cheap stuff either.

Baby carrots were $.49 a bag, so we bought some, and I blanched them and was able to get 7 bags for the freezer, plus I left some in the fridge.

The biggest deal was when we got to the meat section. The meat that was expiring the next day was marked down 50% so we got 5 lbs of ground beef for $6.50, 2 packs of chicken tenderloins and two packs of pork chops for under $5.00 each. That comes out to be 16 meals worth of meat for under $16!

Ben has been looking for a bigger bag to take his stuff to school in. I looked for one to get him for Christmas, but they were much more expensive than what I wanted to spend. I looked around at some thrift stores, but they just didn't have what I wanted in the right size. Anyway, we went to Savers and they had two identical bags that were the perfect fit for Ben's stuff. The straps were broken, but I got some webbing and made a few little stitches. It is just like new, and Ben reported that it worked well.

Here is a picture of Russell. He has not been a bargain, but we don't mind.


4 comments:

Devri said...

Nice job! That's pretty amazing!

Margaret said...

Good job, Jo!

PK said...

It's always a good feeling to get bargains on stuff you really want or need! And actually babies are cheap for what they bring to us-love, patience, gratitude (especially for a good night's sleep when you can get it), happiness, unselfishness, etc.

Emily said...

Hey nice deals! You could always use cloth diapers!