Facebook keeps asking me questions all the time like, "How's it going, Joanna?" or "How are you feeling, Joanna?" or "What's happening?" Well, I'll tell you what's happening.
We've just been hanging out since we came back from Christmas and Ben started back at school. Luckily, we got one more day of Christmas break than everyone else in Rochester because Ben doesn't work in Rochester. It might be worth the 20 minute commute each way.
Robotics started for Ben, so now he doesn't get home from school until about 6 each day. It has only taken up one of our Saturdays, thanks to the Young Men camp out (but more on that in a bit). You can probably guess who the robotics team is made up of.
Ben also attended the Young Men Leadership and Planning camp out last weekend. It was glorified camping in heated cabins with bunks and there was a bathroom and a gymnasium at this place, too. And, the young men were allowed to play their video games. Hmmm. Those boys sure do have to rough it.
Russell has been learning lots of new and fun for him things. Like splashing. We end up soaked after his baths, but he LOVES it! He could spend all day in the bath tub splashing.
He can also pull himself up on things now. His favorites are his toy box, the sofa (so he can get our stuff), the bath tub, and his high chair. He is learning he can get up to the book cases and has pulled books off and diapers out of the diaper drawer. One day when I went in to get him after an unsuccessful nap, he was standing at the end of his crib waiting for me to get him out. Good thing we already lowered it to the lowest setting.
He still loves his toys from Christmas. He chases after the train when it is running, he smiles at his owl, and always comes when he hears his blocks rattling. He also has found a new fondness for some of his older toys that he couldn't really hold when he was littler. I'm trying to get him to like blocks, but he only ever wants to stick them in his mouth. One of Russell's favorite games to play is chase. He loves chasing me around and loves being chased by me.
I'm just holding down the fort. I've enjoyed the increased television viewing possibilities and that I can now work out with Shannon Miller, the former gymnast. I've also decided to organize various things around the house. I've started with my mission stuff and have made some pretty decent progress. The washing machine has become a good friend. I feel like I've done something with the laundry every stinkin' day of the year so far, but it's really only been about half of the days.
I've been trying to be really good with the budget and have found some pretty awesome steals and deals around. Russell got a new-to-him exersaucer for free. I was able to get some good deals on summer clothes for him because who needs shorts in Minnesota in January?
We switched rooms around and have wondered why we didn't put it like this when we first moved in. Everyone has enjoyed it. We were worried Russell would wake up with all the bathroom traffic at night, but he sleeps through it all no problem. In fact, he has been sleeping much better, and is slowly getting better and better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He loves to get under things, doesn't he?
Post a Comment