Driving to Texas was long, though we went through enough cities that it made the time go pretty quick. I got to go into Oklahoma. It was about the same as Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota. We both agreed that Oklahoma City might not be a bad place to live. Russell and Meghan did really well in the car. The first day we spent 15 1/2 ours in the car. We were happy to get to Joseph's, Ben's brother, house.
Saturday morning we toured the Kohler factory where Joseph works. We saw a lot of toilets. Then we smoked a pork roast and had corn and coleslaw for our 4th of July celebrations. We took Russel and Meghan to a close park so that they could run around. It wasn't too hot or humid, so we had high hopes for tolerable weather the rest of our trip.
We missed out on fireworks because we wanted Russell and Meghan to go to sleep. Instead, we played games with Joseph and Hannah. It was a fun evening.
We enjoyed going to church with them. Their church building was just like the one in Mt. Vernon, and the ward members were just like the people in Mt. Vernon, too. I felt very much at home.
Russell loved both Joseph and Hannah, but Meghan only put up with Hannah and ran away from Joseph whenever possible.
3 comments:
I now begin my mega comments from your mega posts. I love leaving in the middle of the night. I would do it all the time if Jacob were more willing.
I've never been to Texas.
I like how the bench says Kohler.
Post a Comment