Friday, January 8, 2016

Christmas 2015

Since we moved into our house right before Christmas last year, and it was still a big mess, we were looking forward to this Christmas with out anything major going on to relax and enjoy the holiday. With the exception of the impending surgery, Christmas was such a fun holiday for us!

Ben took so many pictures of our Christmas tree.
We had a Secret Santa do the 12 days of Christmas for us. Russell loved it. Every morning he would ask what our Secret Santa. Ben and I know who it was that did it, but it is still a secret to Russell.
We had a football party to watch BYU's Bowl game. The food was the best part. Not pictured was some Reuben Sandwich dip and warm ham and cheese croissants. Tatsy!

This is only a small portion of Meghan's Christmas dress I sewed for her. She looked pretty cute, and you can see the rest over at SewScoresby.
We finally got snow two days before Christmas. It had been a warm winter, so this was the first measurable snow.

After Santa came but before his elves went to bed.
She's a little ornery girl and this picture shows it.
These are our watching jammies. I don't know if I feel like doing it every year.

                           

Christmas was a big success!!! It took so long to open presents because Russel and Meghan were so excited about the one they had just opened.
We had our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve. The missionaries joined us. Ben thinks it is strange to have a Christmas dinner not on Christmas DAY, but both the elders said that that was how their family did it. We had his traditional Christmas Eve meal of eggs goldenrod the next morning for breakfast (which is apparently how some of his aunts and uncles do it). We'll see how we do it next year. I told him we might just have ham and funeral potatoes.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like you had a crafty Christmas. I like our Christmas traditions, which are really Christmas Eve traditions. We still don't have a traditional Christmas breakfast, though. I think Meghan looks like Mom in that picture.

Janet said...

Cool tent and matching PJs. Your 12 days of Christmas looks like it was delicious.What are those little rolls in the background of the picture with Meghan and her little wagon? Silpat baking mats? I want those.