When Meghan was born, we didn't come home with any cool things. I was kind of bummed about it. I figured surgery would be the same. I got the typical hospital socks, which fit no one ever, but I did get two things that really are super duper.
#1.
A pill crusher. I am not a good pill swallower. Imagine trying to swallow big tylenols and big stool softeners after having surgery on my neck. Impossible! Luckily, the nurse let me keep it.
#2.
At one point several hours after surgery, I had to get up to use the bathroom. I was a little bit dizzy/nauseous as I sat up. The nurse rushed out of the room while Ben grabbed the barf tub. She came back in waving this stick into my face. It has a bunch of essential oils in it (like peppermint, ginger, lavender, etc.) I'm not sure if it helped with the queasiness, but it did catch my attention. And, then Ben and I couldn't get enough of it. I told Ben right off that it was coming home with us. I've wondered if it would help with morning sickness, so if any of you need it I might be willing to send it to you to try it out. Extra bonus points because it is manufactured for a company in Enterprise, AL. That is where I had district meetings for 9 months.
3 comments:
By "let you keep it" I'm pretty sure they put it on your bill. Maybe your super expensive insurance will cover it.
Won't it run out of essential oils at some point? I don't need it by the way.
That's what I am afraid of. I don't think the oils will last until I might need it. But, there is a website on it, so if necessary anyone in need can check it out to see if they cang et their own.
Post a Comment